Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize workforce operations for the gig, hourly, and shift based workforce. We’ve built the first all in one operating system for gig workforces that lets managers schedule workers, track time & attendance, streamline vendor and labor management, and provide workers instant access to earned wages. Our mission is to create a better and more human work experience for managers and employees, and change the way hourly workers get paid. Employees on Nowsta can also access a suite of services to help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances.
Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed. Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more.
Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to streamline operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
We are looking for:
We're looking for a Controller who will lead our Accounting department, creating and maintaining financial reporting, overseeing audits, and helping us to build streamlined processes.
The ideal candidate is excited to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment and own critical decision-making responsibilities to build the team and infrastructure
- Someone who can be a player-coach, adept at manipulating, analyzing and auditing large volumes of data, but also a skilled people manager.
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision making.
- Monthly analysis of business results, finance and operating metrics.
- Ensure consistent implementation of accounting principles and procedures in compliance with US GAAP.
- Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with Nowsta's policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal tax requirements and filings.
- Direct all aspects of daily accounting operations including AR, AP and cash management.
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions in the absence of perfect systems, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
- Coordinate with external firm(s) to provide support for financial audit, tax filings, insurance, and other requests as the needs arise.
- Evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation.
It would be great if you have:
- 7+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field of study
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Proven track record of building strong teams and leading/influencing others through highly cross-functional projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate issues and solutions to all levels of management.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Location: anywhere in the U.S.
- Nowsta is an equal opportunity employer.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- This role includes flexibility to work from home.